Pacific Whale Foundation Maui Whale Watching Tours!
We Will Email You An E-Ticket And Receipt After You Complete Your Order. Easy Refunds. No Cancel Fees. Lowest Prices Guaranteed.
Want to not only feel great that you are doing your part to support important environmental marine efforts while taking in the gorgeous sights and sounds of the clear blue waters surrounding Maui?
Want to embark on an exciting educational experience while you relax on a stunning catamaran, cruising the warm waters of Hawaii?
If the answer is yes, be happy to know that the Pacific Whale Foundation has the right whale watching tour for you and your family! Not only is the Pacific Whale Foundation Maui’s top-rated ecotour, it is also a leader in environmental advocacy and education, bringing imperative awareness concerning climate change and how it directly affects Hawaii and Hawaii’s vital ecosystems.
Guests taking the Pacific Whale Foundation’s whale watching tours are guaranteed to leave the islands with a once-in-a-lifetime experience of observing the local Humpback Whale migration throughout the months of November through May. Departing on one of their catamarans, there is lots of space to move around and the vessel is extremely stable and calm-sailing.
Seating on the catamaran are tiered, so everyone has a great view of the ocean expanse surrounding them. The Pacific Whale Foundation hosts the highest number of tours per day in Maui and has two convenient locations where guests can choose to depart from: the Ma’alaea Harbor or the Lahaina Harbor.
Both harbors are easily accessible from Kihei, Wailea, Paia, Wailuku, Makena, Upcountry, and Kahului. In fact, Lahaina, Ma’alaea, and Honolua Bay are Maui’s best places to spot the gentle sea giants and the channel between Maui, Moloka’i, and Lana’i is the one of the best spots in the world for whale watching.
A certified marine naturalist accompanies you on board who will explain every aspect of the Humpback Whales’ life cycle and most importantly, he or she will go into depth about the time the whales spend along the Hawaiian Islands. Our guides on board even use hydrophones so you can hear the soothing and beautiful songs that the whales are signing right below your catamaran.
Being able to observe mothers and calves interacting, males competing for females, and even calves learning how to breach for the first time, every whale watching trip is fun, unique, and is an informative interpretation of whale characteristics.
What makes the Pacific Whale Foundation’s tours stand out from the rest is their unique Sunrise tour and this tour is the most popular of them all. During this time of day, prepare for breathtaking views of the islands, complete with deserted beaches, uncrowded waters, and a stunning, multi-colored sky.
The morning temperatures in Maui are cooler, there is no traffic congestion, and an early-morning tour is perfect while your biological clock is still on mainland time during the first couple of days of your trip. The sunrise tours make for special photo opportunities of your family, friends, and new-found whale buddies frolicking along the skyline.
Just a few examples of how the Pacific Whale Foundation’s whale watching proceeds support research:
- Each year, the Foundation works diligently monitoring the Humpback Whale populations during their tours and they even sponsor the great whale count each year in the waters surrounding Maui.
- The Pacific Whale Foundation has a trove of volunteers that work hard to steadily increase the population size of the whale population and they’ve been seeing a dramatic increase since the 1990’s. In the 1990s there were less than 1,000 total whales that migrated near Maui and now there are over 7,000!
- The Foundation runs a conservation program with international and local organizations to provide interactive ways the community can help combat current environmental threats.
- The Pacific Whale Foundation monitors and collects marine debris and proactively tries to initiate ways to reduce our carbon footprint.
Departure times are based on location:
A sunrise tour is available from both departure locations, roughly around 6:30am, depending on which month of the year you are visiting Maui.
- 6:30am Sunrise
- 6:30am Sunrise
- Tours seven days a week.
- 48 hour cancellation policy.
- No handicap access.
- There are two restrooms on board.
- Be prepared for your tour and remember to charge your camera battery, bring a hat, light jacket, and apply sunscreen.
- Free Marine Wildlife postcards.
- Underwater hydrophones to listen to the whales.
- Filtered water is included.
- Snacks and beverages are available for purchase.
- Cameras and binoculars are available to rent.
- 4 oz. eco-friendly, “reef safe” sunscreen is available for purchase.