Grand Luau at Honua’ula at Grand Wailea Resort Reg $139 | 20% Off $114.95
Honua‘ula tells the story of seafaring Polynesians discovery of Hawaii like no other luau. It tells of documented voyages of La‘amaikahiki and Mo‘ikeha who first voyaged to this sacred island Maui, specifically this area named Honua‘ula. The gods and goddesses had a watchful presence on life making certain to exists in harmony together.
Honua’ula combines ancient Hawaiian stories of a mystical time here on Maui. This event creates an exciting evening out with great food, traditional chant and hula bringing you and your loved ones closer to the history of our island home Maui.
Days: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
Time & Duration: 5pm- 8 pm
Location: Grand Wailea Resort & Spa
GPS Directions: 3850 Wailea Alanui Dr, Wailea, HI 96753
Valet Park: Free valet parking
Reg $129.95 Child 7-12 yrs Reg $99.95
- Adults (13 yrs +): $114.95 plus tax
- Children (6-12 yrs): $79.95 plus tax
- Toddlers (0-5 yrs): Free (1 per paying adult)
We will email you an E-Ticket and receipt after you complete your order. Easy Refunds. No Cancel Fees. Lowest Prices Guaranteed.
- Lei Greeting
- Hawaiian Lawn Games
- Temporary Tattoos
- Pre-Show Hula Lesson
- Wedding Tribute Hula
- Photos with Cast Members in Full Costume
4:00 pm – 4:30 pm Table Assignment
- 5:00 pm – General Seating, Bar Opens
- 5:45 pm – Torch Lighting and Imu Ceremony
- 6:00 pm – Luau Buffet Begins
- 6:30 pm – Hula Lesson
- 7:00 pm – Show Starts
- 8:00 pm – Show Ends. Open bar ends.
TORCH LIGHTING, IMU CEREMONY & DINNER
6 pm – 7 pm
Appetizers & Salads
- Ahi Poke | Lomi-Lomi Salmon | Fresh Poi | Green Papaya Salad
- Potato Mac Salad | Maui Grown Lettuce Bar | Cucumber Namasu
- Maui Gold Pineapple and Kumu Farms Coconut Chips
- Sweet Bread Rolls with Macadamia Nut Butter
- Farm raised New York Steak
- House Made Teriyaki Sauce
- Baked Molokai Sweet Potatoes
- Guava Syrup & Mac Nut Butter
- Roasted Macadamia Mahi-Mahi
- Young Coconut & Kaffir Lime Sauce
- Shoyu Chicken
- Kalua Pig
- Island Fried Rice
- Lup Chong , Kumu Farm Vegetables, Hamakua
- Mushroom Sauce
- Maui Chow Fun
- Vegetables and Pork Char Siu
DESSERTS & DRINKS
Island Style Desserts
- Chocolate Brownies topped with Macadamia Nuts | Coconut Cake
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake | Traditional Hawaiian Haupia
- Guava Mousse | Freshly Brewed Hawaiian Paradise Coffee
- Decaffeinated Coffee | Assorted Teas
- Hosted bar featuring: Mai Tai | Pina Colada | Mixed Drinks
- Beer | Wine | Assorted Soft Drinks
7pm – 8pm
The story of the first migration made by the Tahitians who arrived long ago. This piece depicts the wild and rugged ocean conditions while they journeyed north across the Pacific in search of a new home and a new life.
A smooth and very sultry dance solo done as if in a dream. The soloist is dressed in shells that reflect light from all angles as she glides across the stage mythically.
This scene pays homage to the strength and agility of Kahekili, Maui’s most feared ruling chief. The men will carry weapons through the crowd as if hunting and make their way to the stage for an all men hula depicting battle cries and chants.
This is a crowd favorite that tells the story of Madame Pele traveling across the Pacific in search of a new home to continue her craft of lava. This is portrayed with vibrantly colored costumes and beautiful hula.
The Mo’o is deep in the Hawaiian forest where a mysterious creature dwells. The Mo’o or mythical lizard is known to have magical strength and powers. He is also famous for being haughty and protective of his domain.
Hi’iaka, younger sister of Pele, is sent on a quest for Pele and comes upon the lair of great Mo’o. He calls to challenge her in a tricky game of chance and riddle in order for her to pass.
Oh, la la! This part of the show tells of the sailors down at the docks, interacting with the hula girls. This fast moving play acting comedy utilizes the hula of that time when swing was introduced to Hawai’i.
Naula Is a beautiful performing arts piece where the parachute fabric makes it come alive. It whimsically plays in the air in its own movement while floating around the dancer.
The dancers are synchronized with their fire knives as they swing, move and punch through the air.
Chief Mana Fire Knife
Breathtaking fire knife performance by 15 yr veteran Chief Mana completes the show. He joins the other 4 fire knife dancers to put on a fire knife extravaganza, leaving guests in awe.
Inclement Weather Policy:
Bad weather may move the luau indoors. If the Hyatt ballroom space is unavailable that night and it is raining after 3pm at the Grand Wailea, the show may be cancelled. Guest holding tickets to the cancelled show can either reschedule for another show (based on availability) or recieve a full refund.